Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It is a new day

My goal for this blog is to ultimately get the education system to a spot where they understand what holds, restraints and seclusions can do to a child who has a disability, especially in the case where the child is non-verbal or unable to communicate in times of frustration or stress. I am working with several other parties and will be bringing in information as it is found. I encourage you to log on and share what you know- working together I think we can develop the best data base of information.  Some have requested support meetings and I think that they are great. Please provide me feedback if you want to start up a meeting in your area.  Today I attach a link to my son's story.  I hope that it provides some of you support and comfort.

http://www.theforecaster.net/content/pnms-restraintsinmaineschools-071410

No comments:

Post a Comment